- Published: 27 July 2016
- Hits: 760
Pokestops are a staple for Pokemon GO. They are just as important in your quest for Master Trainer Glory as they provide you with the necessary items to catching Pokemon. They appear on the map as hovering cubes that become spinning circles as you come into range. They are found everywhere. Clicking on the Pokestop zooms you into the Pokestop and lets you know where this stop is located. Pokestops are high in concentrations around downtown areas, public parks and amusement parks like Disneyland.
- Swiping left or right, or up or down will spin the marker and reward you with items to fill up your bag. These items float in bubbles which are addictively fun to pop by clicking on them. If you close the Pokestop window, it will automatically pop those unpeopled bubbles. This is especially helpful if you are trying to get multiple stops quickly.
- Some items you can get at a pokestop include Pokeballs, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, Potions, Eggs, Revives
- Pokestops once claimed will change from blue to pink. They will slowly become blue again after 5 minutes and reset and are ready to be claimed again. This can be especially helpful in areas that have high concentrations of Pokestops where you can walk from one end to another and cycle through the reset
- Lure Modules are items that can be used on the Pokestops themselves which then helps to attract Pokemon to the Pokestop. This is helpful when you are trying to level and catch more pokemon more quickly. Use Lucky Eggs to further enhance this endeavor. See Pokemon GO Leveling Guide for more tips.
- Click on the Lure icon above the spinnable circle to activate Lure Module
- Eggs can also be found at Pokestops. You can hold up to 9 eggs and these need to be hatched with your incubators or incubators purchased at the Poke Shop.
- Eggs come in 2km, 5km and 10km versions with the 10km hatching to be the rarest Pokemon.
New Updates to Pokestops Rumored
- Rumored that Pokestops in the future will have other functions, including the ability to change the 'function' of the Pokestop to maybe heal or revive Pokemon to all who are at the pokestop.